1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, we realise advertising is annoying, it is however necessary to help us be a sustainable resource for all, if you want to go advert free then please use the following link to subscribe for £5 a month: Click here
    Dismiss Notice

(BT) BT Group General Share Chat

Discussion in 'General Share Chat' started by Microem1, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Microem1

Microem1 Administrator

(BT) BT Group General Share Chat

2. monkswood

monkswood A Legendary Member

I hold quite a few of these from just after the crash in 2008. Over the years have added and reduced as necessary but annoyingly missed buying more at 407 a few weeks ago on the general market pull back. Have been waiting for the QPP CR to release funds, some of which I intend to direct here. However it seems the SP is kicking off a bit earlier than I had hoped. BT usually go XD at Christmas which may be a chance to add on the pullback, assuming there is one.

3. peakston

peakston A Legendary Member

Neil Woodford's fund has sold over £200 million worth of the shares recently. He gives the reason his concerns about the pension deficit. That Woodford is couple completely out of his another 200 million amounts to the entire shareholding they had.

4. MedicInvestor

MedicInvestor Member

Anyone still invested in BT?

5. SophieR

SophieR Member

I am invested.

I bought quite few last week after price dropped to about 300. I think it is a good recovery play that pays a decent dividend. Woodford holds 1.42% of his portfolio in BT (data from January portfolio update).

SR

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  6. MedicInvestor

MedicInvestor Member

Okay, I'm thinking of buying into it as well. Are you in for the long term or ?

7. Berwick

Berwick Demi God of BlueShare

I'm thinking BT or more VOD and leaning towards more VOD.

B

8. ezglide

ezglide Demi God of BlueShare

I have been a BT customer on and off for many years and would make the following observations. BT are expensive compared with their competitors. BT broadband is very unreliable compared with their competitors despite using the same network something which they have as yet been unable to explain to me.
    3 out of 4 members of my family have left BT in the past 2 years for cheaper more reliable broadband. The only reason I remain with them is for the BT sports and in particular the app on my tablet meaning I can watch a football match away from my house as long as I have wifi access. I have not paid BT's exorbitant prices for years and negotiate a good discount every year. Finally a good proportion of younger folks don't want a landline and rely on their mobile phones instead. A lot of people only have a landline in order to get broadband into their home and don't even plug in a fixed phone. There are increasing numbers of options to having a landline these days which are getting cheaper and more popular. I would be wary of getting into BT shares for all of these reasons.

MedicInvestor and Berwick like this.
  9. MedicInvestor

MedicInvestor Member

Appreciate it.

10. Groucho

Groucho Member

upload_2019-5-17_9-57-26.png

Attached Files: