1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, we realise advertising is annoying, it is however necessary to help us be a sustainable resource for all, if you want to go advert free then please use the following link to subscribe for £5 a month: Click here
    Dismiss Notice

(MATD) Petro Matad Share Chat

Discussion in 'General Share Chat (MATD)' started by jackjack, Dec 6, 2016.

1. jackjack

jackjack Administrator Staff Member

Thread created

2. Hamm

Hamm Well-Known Member

This is a summary from one of the posters in LSE. I thought it would be hepful to have a jist of MATD and the potential of it.
    'I know that due to past delays MATD share price dropped from over £2 back in 2010-2011 to around 3p recently. In the past no indication was given of the enormous resource potential MATD could be sitting on. However its a whole new ball game now and "New MATD" was reborn after the recent RNS announcements back on 3-Nov and 16-Nov. I suggest over the weekend we all have a quick look at the Nov 2016 RNS announcements and the PETEX presentation on their website to grasp the multi-billion $ potential that is there.

Brief summary below (to save you time):

1. Fully funded 2017 drilling program (2 wild cat wells to be drilled by July 2017).

2. USD $10M cash in the bank.

3. USD $5M cash to come in from Shell on reassignment of blocks IV and V (expected by end of 2016) RNS 3-Nov

4. 90 BILLION barrel resource potential from 6 basins (recoverable 9B - 23B assuming 10%-25% recovery rates) - RNS 16-Nov

5. Farm-Out process commenced - "Several companies have already signed confidentiality agreements and are currently reviewing the Company's technical data" (RNS 3-Nov).

6. Further significant upside exists on the other 6 of 12 basins in "Deeper Permian" in addition to the potential 90 Billion barrel estimate from "Upper Jurrasic". Seismic underway for those 6 and not fully complete yet.

7. Block XX (next to producing fields in Block XIX operated by Petro-China)

8. Mongolian company with favourable Government in place - (both have their interests aligned after company's recent meeting with the government).

9. Mongolia current imports 100% oil from Russia and exports 100% current local production to China (who want even more oil and next to our doorstep).

10. Petrovis (founding & largest MATD shareholder) sponsoring new pipeline from Block XX to the new refinery.

11. Philip Holloway on board MATD (left BG after 26 yrs) to move Farm-Out process forward. Philip got BG to farm-in MATD until Shell pulled out due to their $30b global divestment program & preserving their dividend after buying BG (something Shell will very much regret in my view).

Please add any other points if i have missed any.

In my opinion there is huge upside as you can see over next 12-24 months and no reason why share price cannot be over £1 OR £2+ again given what we know today if all goes to plan. I am accumulating at these prices and happy to hold as the potential future return on my investment today is far too compelling against any perceived risks. Each investor will have a different strategy, holding time frame and risk/ reward profile.'

Best wishes and Good luck all.
    Mr P.

3. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Mullins58

Mr P

Hope you are well.

Thanks for the above post looks an interesting company.

I currently have reasonable long term investments in UKOG/88E and a modest holding in AEX. I am fully invested at the moment but will keep an eye on the SP I am a great believer in spreading your risk.

I have been investing in UKOG over the last 2 1/2 years. Things are finally starting to move and 2017 should be a defining year for the company. The company website is very informative and I have posted a number of items on the UKOG board. I am not making a recommendation but one good turn deserves another ! ATB for the New Year

4. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Mullins58

Managed to buy a few first thing this morning after selling EMH with a decent profit. ATB

5. piqui

piqui A Legendary Member

Just bought 20000 shares. The last oil company I invested in went bust and I lost quite a lot. I vowed not to invest in oil again but the data looks very promising here so I'm taking the plunge once more. Time will tell if I've done the right thing. I've been watching over the last few days expecting the price to drop back a bit. It hasn't done so yet, closing up day on day. There might be some profit taking tomorrow but prospects appear to be very good so I'm intending to hold for the foreseeable future.

Keith Mullins likes this.
  6. jeferey

jeferey A Legendary Member

Petro Matad was forced to issue an update on Friday, as its share price plunged more than17%.

It confirmed that there was nothing further to update at this stage.

The AIM-traded company said it continues to expect that the approval from the Mongolian Government of the reassignment of the interest in Blocks IV and V is likely to occur before the end of 2016.

“Following the approval, Petro Matad will hold 100% of Blocks IV and V, and a payment of $5m will be due to the company from Shell,” the board said in a statement.

“The company's formal farmout process is in progress.”

Petro Matad said there had been significant interest expressed in its blocks and several companies were now reviewing the information in the data room.

“Therefore, the company has extended the bid deadline to February 2017.”

7. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Mullins58

8. piqui

piqui A Legendary Member

I was quite nervous about this share so I haven't invested a lot but nice to see my investment up 64% at the moment! But what's driving this? Is it mainly PIs creating their own feeding frenzy? Or is there something big on the horizon? Interesting times :)

9. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Mullins58

Piqui

Hope yo are well.

The LSE board is one of the better ones with some informative posters. I sold a 1/3 of my holding today at a good profit (may buy back if the SP retraces). ATB

piqui likes this.
  10. piqui

piqui A Legendary Member

Thanks Keith. I do check out LSE too. I don't have a lot invested here so I'm tempted to just leave my investment alone and see what happens. The last oiler I was in, I topped up on the way up only to see it drop rapidly. I bought more at a bargain basement price and thought I could be quids in. Then they went bust losing me rather a lot of money. Not one of my best ideas! If this one plays out well I might recover some of my earlier losses for only a modest outlay. We'll see. ;)

11. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Mullins58

Piqui

My investment in MATD is also modest (did not have time to accumulate).

I have more reasonable holdings in UKOG and 88E.

I have been building my holding in UKOG for over 3 years. A lot of news is due out over 2017 with a number of companies drilling and flow testing on the Weald. The SP is now reasonably supported at 1.50. UKOG have a very good web site with some informative interviews by Stephen Sanderson.

I tend to invest over the longer term, but try to take some profit when I can. I have had the same experience as you regarding topping up and losing all my money on a share.

I am hopeful MATD have further to go. ATB

12. Hamm

Hamm Well-Known Member

Good to hear you have made good profit guys. I made a good profit and still I have lots of shares. I am thinking to buy WOLF shares in asx market as they are exploring oil in Mongolia too. Anyone any ideas about UKoil please. I am thinking to buy some.

13. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Mullins58

Thanks Hamm

ATB

14. WatteNe

WatteNe Sandgrounder

That was a good call @Hamm in early December, only wish I had the funds to react. Well done mate.

15. Hamm

Hamm Well-Known Member

No worries. We
    will find another one.
    Thanks

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    yoshie: 5 Points (Very grateful you're sharing with us. Cheers.) Jan 17, 2017
  16. yoshie

yoshie Yoshie & Blue share race ahead to the future

Wow! Well done to those who got in early. I've not got any yet as was not watching closely.
    Today, have taken a more serious interest and wonder is it still a good entry price or sp may drop and get in later. Any opinion appreciated.
    Looking also at NTOG - any opinion there too? cheers.

17. piqui

piqui A Legendary Member

It's a tough one to call yoshie. There's plenty of upside but the fundamentals haven't changed since the last company announcement. The price is being driven up on future expectation. My modest investment is 200% up! - if only I'd invested more :)

I'm thinking of doing just that but I'm holding back at the moment trying to decide. Some firm news from the company would convince me but will the sp be a lot higher by then? But it might crash before then, once the euphoria dies down, traders take profit and some panic sell as they see the price fall. I've never been in an investment rising this quickly. As Keith has said, there is a lot of info and plenty of views being expressed on LSE so you might glean something there. Good luck!

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    yoshie: 5 Points (Thank you for honest opinion.) Jan 20, 2017
    yoshie likes this.
  18. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Mullins58

piqui

I'm still holding. I also want to buy more but the SP keeps going up, cant force myself to pay up at the moment. ATB

19. yoshie

yoshie Yoshie & Blue share race ahead to the future

Thank you, guys.

MATD sp yesterday (Thurs.) slides down fast. Still think buying at 21+p /22+p is high as only previous week was in it's teens 10+p. If it dips further in the next trading I'll get some, otherwise I got to be patient. My impatience of getting into some shares before had caused in dearly. I tell myself not to buy into spikes -if I miss the boat then I miss it and go to next one and most times the boat do comes back and opportunity to get in at lower sp.

The other I'm watching closely is ZEN (Zenith Energy) on main listing; IPO @12 Jan. Sp. got up after IPO and now down slightly. Hope to get in below 8p if I can.

20. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Mullins58

Yoshie

I'm looking to buy more at the sort of level you have indicated, but I'm in no rush this is a long termer.