1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, we realise advertising is annoying, it is however necessary to help us be a sustainable resource for all, if you want to go advert free then please use the following link to subscribe for £5 a month: Click here
    Dismiss Notice

(MKA) Mkango Resources Share Chat

Discussion in 'General Share Chat (MKA.L)' started by jackjack, Nov 17, 2016.

1. jackjack

jackjack Administrator Staff Member

http://www.mkango.ca/

Mkango Resources Ltd. (TSX-V / AIM: MKA) is a Canadian dual TSX-V and AIM listed mineral exploration and development company focused on rare earth elements (REE) and associated minerals in the Republic of Malawi, a country whose hospitable people have earned it a reputation as "the warm heart of Africa". It holds through its wholly owned subsidiary Lancaster Exploration Limited a 100% interest in two exclusive prospecting licenses in southern Malawi. The Corporation's corporate strategy is to further develop the Songwe Hill rare earth deposit and secure additional rare earth element and other mineral opportunities.

Significant Shareholders:
    Christopher Williams* | 12,063,636 | 17%
    Leo Mining & Exploration Limited** | 8,546,205 | 12%
    Resources Early Stage Opportunity Company Ltd | 6,472,423 | 9.1%

*Christopher Williams has a 3.99% holding in Resources Early Stage Opportunities Company Limited
    **William Dawes and Alexander Lemon, both executive directors of Mkango, each hold a 17.3% interest in Leo Mining and Exploration Ltd

as of 15th June 2016.

Inspiration and RollinHand like this.
  2. Inspiration

Inspiration Moderator Moderator

3. Inspiration

Much of the recent share price drop seems to be attributed to the spat between BrokermanDan (BMD) and Chris "Oil" Williams, who is a major shareholder here (see Sefton SER thread for details, if you can be bothered). TW is supporting BMD, however, enough about them.

RollinHand likes this.
  4. Inspiration

Rumour has it that Cantors was caught short yesterday!

The investor presentation on 17th Nov seems to have had very positive feedback from those who attended. (TW and BMD were told to be quiet).

Myles McNulty has increased his holding to over 4% and others have taken advantage of the dip.

http://www.investegate.co.uk/mkango-resources-ltd/rns/holding-in-company/201611181511536120P/

Mkango will be attending the big Mines and Money event in London between Nov 28th and Dec 1st, billed as Europe's largest mining investment forum.

http://london.minesandmoney.com

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    RollinHand likes this.
  5. Inspiration

6. Inspiration

Here's a link to the financial statements

http://www.mkango.ca/i/pdf/fs/Mkango-Jun-30-2016-Financial-Statements-FINAL-WD.pdf

At the end of June, the co had a working capital surplus of US$ 559,440.

From the statements:

“At the time of its AIM listing, the Company raised gross proceeds of £1 million. The Company forecast that the net proceeds of the fund raising, totalling £545,000, would fund the working capital requirements of the Company for the next 18 months.
    As at the current date, the Company’s expenditures remain within budget.”

Long term liabilities comprise warrants and unpaid deferred salaries for the directors. It is in the directors' interests to see a rise in the share proce.

The Canadian authorities require detailed Management Discussion and Analysis - here's a link to the June 2016 report.

http://www.mkango.ca/i/pdf/fs/MDA-June-30-2016-Mkango-Resources-FINAL-WD.pdf

The next quarterly results to end Sept will be published in the next week.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    RollinHand likes this.
  7. Inspiration

Pioneering new insights into why high concentrations of some of the most rare and desirable natural elements - vital for the production of vital environmental, digital and security technologies - have been revealed.

Pivotal new collaborative research, led by the world-famous Camborne School of Mines, based at the University of Exeter's Penryn Campus in Cornwall, provides a ground-breaking explanation of why remarkably high levels of these crucial earth elements are found at the Songwe Hill Rare Earth Project in Malawi, Southeast Africa.

The research team insisted that the new findings could pave the way for mining companies to significantly increase the likelihood of enhancing the global security of the supply of critical, yet rare, earth elements.

The innovative findings are published in the respected journal Ore Geology Reviews.

At present, many of the 15 naturally occurring rare earth elements are essential components in the vast majority of green and digital technology production and advances.

These include neodymium, a 'light rare earth' element vital for the production of permanent magnets in electric cars, wind turbines and smartphones; and 'heavy rare earth' elements such as dysprosium, europium and terbium which are used in lighting, anti-fraud and safety technologies.

However, all 15 are considered as "critical raw materials" by the European Union, due to risks of disruption to the supply by the dominant global producer, China.

The new research reveals that the Songwe Hill carbonatite - an igneous rock containing at least 50 per cent carbonate minerals - is composed not just of the relatively common rare earth mineral synchysite, but also the heavy rare earth-enriched variety of the mineral apatite.

This apatite is the key to why Songwe has a higher content of heavy rare earths than most other similar types of carbonatite host rock.

Dr Sam Broom-Fendley, lead author of the study said: "The occurrence of heavy rare earth rich apatite is particularly uncommon in carbonatites. Our work indicates that you need to 'simmer' these rocks in hot fluids to cause heavy rare earth enrichment. This is particularly useful as combined extraction of both light rare earth minerals and the heavy rare earth rich apatite creates a well-balanced deposit potentially suitable to support the growing magnetics industry."

RollinHand likes this.
  8. Inspiration

Nyodimium is used together with iron and boron, to make NdFeB, ("Neo") magnets, which are the strongest available.

The magnets also include dysprosium and praseodymium. I wondered what some of those elements on the periodic table were used for, now I know!

See the following website for more detail:

http://www.ndfeb-info.com

RollinHand likes this.
  9. Wellend

Wellend New Member

10. Inspiration

Oxfam is a highly respected organisation - I have donated regularly to them over the years - however, that doesn't always mean that they get their facts right.

You are jumping to conclusions, without checking your sources. Blueshare members try to research facts before posting; this is what distinguishes us from other bb's.

MKA have been copied in on the article and hopefully someone will post their reply as soon as it is available. Oxfam's concerns seem to be about foreign investors not paying enough taxes in Malawi to benefit the local population, which seems a reasonable complaint, however, the mine hasn't yet been built, so profits are some way off yet.

Guerilla investing, the site which you quote as your source, is run by Brokermandan/Daniel Levi, who is a blogger whose tips have mixed success. If you do a quick internet search, you will find plenty of info about his reputation.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    RollinHand and tricombe like this.
  11. Brimvestor

Brimvestor Demi God of BlueShare

I'm not invested here but just want to bring to the intention of anyone who is, or is thinking of investing, the presentation by MKA at last night's Share Talk investor evening.

Thought their presentation was pretty interesting but it was the Q&A where things hotted up. Paul Johnson backed up by Cameron Parry were quizzing them on director renumeration. Seems like they book £14k per month to liabilities but do not take anything at all in cash. PJ as an accountant was particularly scathing, saying they should be properly paid & effectively be more upfront about this, raise more money if they need to.

Share Talk will no doubt post up the video within the next few days. Not sure if the Q&A will be included.

Also picked up a few mutterings in the room about why they were emphasising their charitable connections in the country as if it might have been a bit of a smokescreen.

As I say, I am not invested and have no immediate intention of investing although I may now watch it a bit closer. Info posted to help expand the picture here.

RollinHand and Inspiration like this.
  12. Wellend

Wellend New Member

13. Wellend

Wellend New Member

I'm talking about the article. It specifically "focuses" Songwe Hill and says it's been exaggerated on resources and under played on costs. Oxfam also say that the rare earth market is at an all time low. They also tell us that "Market Analysts" point to low concentrations of REE on Songwe.

http://mwnation.com/malawis-mining-potential-exaggerated/ This is the actual piece. Investors should always be aware that there's two sides to every coin. I don't blindly listen or believe what I read on share forums. I check what peple say against the fatcs. What levi is saying is backed up by what Oxfam and he provides a link to back up his blog.

14. Inspiration

I am aware of the article, because as stated above, I check my facts. I am waiting to hear what Mkango's response is and whether Oxfam are justified in writing what they have said, or whether they need to amend it.

You have only posted on two forums - MKA & TEA, both of which are known to be being bashed by Brokermandan, whose articles you quote above.

I'm always happy to listen to both sides of an argument, but your comments are aggressive.

tricombe, jackjack and RollinHand like this.
  15. Inspiration

16. Inspiration

Reminder of jv interest:

RNS 31/08

"We continue to explore partnership opportunities for both the Songwe and Thambani projects with a view to accelerating exploration and development of the projects for the benefit of all stakeholders."

Sharetalk Interview 02/10

Q11 Are MKA seeking a JV partner as mentioned in last RNS

Yes, this is a major focus"

http://www.share-talk.com/share-news/mkango-resources-ltd-shareholders-qa/

RollinHand likes this.
  17. Inspiration

RollinHand likes this.
  18. Inspiration

MKA on the move again. Popular posters are in, as well as JubCap, so be careful, but worth looking at.

RollinHand likes this.
  19. Inspiration

20. Inspiration

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    RollinHand likes this.