1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, we realise advertising is annoying, it is however necessary to help us be a sustainable resource for all, if you want to go advert free then please use the following link to subscribe for £5 a month: Click here
    Dismiss Notice

(VAST) Vast Share Chat

Discussion in 'General Share Chat (VAST)' started by GSmiley, Jun 24, 2015.

1. jimw

jimw Member

I bought into these at .8, sold out at 1.6p today after a rapid rise this week, they have been in an upward trend since feb, question is, have I sold out too soon? Looks like a similar rise to prem with a gold mine due to go into production,
    Is anyone else here invested and what's your target price?

Steamy likes this.
  2. Jayfella72

Jayfella72 Member

Bought in at 0.85 last October.
    Will watch developments closely with a 3-4p target.
    Personally with the news flow expected I'd like to think this could be achieved.
    Tuesday nights presentation should be interesting.

Steamy likes this.
  3. Professor G

Professor G New Member

I have a stake at an average sp of 0.731 and am here for the long haul. With both Zimbabwe and Romania, I think there is great potential here. I will probably take a slice at 3p and another at 5p but my long term hope is for another 10p stock (I am also in PREM). I will also be there on Tuesday.

4. GSmiley

GSmiley Member

With sp retrenchment to about 1.4p your timing was pretty good. However that drawback has probably got more to do with lack of newsflow than anything else. Of the penny AIM miners VASY has more irons in more fires than most and several look pretty hot with:
    gold sales in Zim only a few weeks away,
    a licence due for one mine in Romania and
    terms to take on a majority stake in another signed with a $2m penalty against the vendor if it does not complete

They seem to have an inside track in Romania and I can easily see them building the mid-cap miner the management talks of over the next 2-3 years.
    Their CEO looked competent on 9th June and he owns enough shares to be well aligned with the shareholders.

There will probably be a placing (preferably a rights) at some stage, but there ought to be enough fire in the hole to see the sp well past 3p before that happens.

My targets are 3p this year, (5p if everything goes according to plan) 5-8p next and a good bit more longer term. I top sliced at 1.59p because I always halve when I double and I learned a long time ago that one takes a portion of one's profit as it increases. It is much easier for a share to double once than it is to double again (4x). Very few hit 8x and for most of us 16x is a once in a lifetime dream.

GLA
    GS

Greets, Jayfella72 and jimw like this.
  5. Jayfella72

Jayfella72 Member

Been a great week for VAST this week.
    Roll on the news!

6. Greets

Greets Small time investor

Today the dip in the sp offers a good opportunity to invest in this stock. This is why I am invested. Invested at 1.6p.

1. Unlike many mining operations VAST are actually at the production stage. In other words revenue will start flowing soon.

2. Business focuses on decommissioned old mining operations providing the following opportunities:

a) Mines have been viable previously using old technology.
    b) Expensive infrastructure already in place.
    c) Can quickly bring operations into production.

3. Have diverse portfolio. Three operations in Romania and one in Zambia.

4. Investors are just becoming aware of potential.

5. New leadership

6. Recent actions by miners has had a positive impact on relationship between VAST and Romanian Government. Has removed barriers associated with mining licences etc.

7. Baita Plai mine achievable production statics vs previous operations statistics indicate how efficiencies will translate into profits. Only a relatively small investment required.

8. Baita Plai mine will reach full production Q1 2016. Outputs could be increased with further investment.

9. New technology and improvements in management will increase production outputs.

10. Previous data is inaccurate. Inaccurate records and poor record keeping. Did the mine also suffer from fraud or was it poor management? Could this mine generate good revenues by just being managed professionally with minimal investment?

11. Very close to finding out what revenues will be generated from Baita Plai. This should create a spike in the sp.

12. Currently finalising contracts with Romania state mining company.

13. Baita mine is untouched below level 18. Bore holes indicate several hundred meters of mining opportunity.

14. Pickstone-Peerless Gold Mine - First bullion sales expected within days. Expect positive impact on sp when announced.

Risks

1. Main risk seems to be funding / working capital. Will these be alleviated once revenues materialise from the Baita mine?

2. Share dilution due to issue of more shares. Unlikely as looking at debt rather than dilution.

3. Political risks. With Romania now being part of the EU you would hope this would not be an issue.

The following is well worth a read.

http://www.vastresourcesplc.com/wp-...-Introduction-to-Vast-Resources-08.09.151.pdf

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  7. Greets

From 15th September Chairmans statement.

Funding
    We are pleased to have secured funding for our immediate requirements. One of the Romanian mines should start generating cash in September 2015. In addition PPGM is expecting to be cash generative in the same period. We are exploring debt finance as an alternative funding instrument, being mindful of the significant dilution we have endured over the last year.

Jayfella72 and RollinHand like this.
  8. Greets

Main support line is very strong. Would expect the sp to finish above 1.7p on Wednesday.

image.jpg

Jayfella72 likes this.
  9. Greets

Share price movement could mean first gold sales have happened.

We know we should hear anytime now.

This is something that many will know about as I assume some sort of bidding process takes place. I think we will hear news today / tomorrow.

I know I am in my own little bubble with this share. So should probably keep my thoughts to myself.

Jayfella72 and freeheel like this.
  10. Jayfella72

Jayfella72 Member

Nonsense Greets.
    I for one enjoy your posts.
    And yes Vast looking very bullish at moment with all the news to come.
    My target price is 4-5p.

11. Greets

Warmrain posted this chart on the WRES thread.

image.jpg
    VAST are at the Institutional Investment stage highlighted on the chart.

This is the VAST graph for the last few weeks.

image.jpg

The increase in the sp is partially due to the RNS issued on the 2nd and 15th September. It's also based I believe in the market beginning to realise the potential of the business.

This is going from being valued as a speculative mining operation to a business valued as a mining operation in production.

This share has just left the starting blocks on the route to full value.

Today the following has happened:

• Breached the 2p barrier. Beginning to look like we will finish above 2p today.
    • Significant increase in volume. In the first 2 hours we have had 150+ trades. Yesterday we had 159 all day.
    • Volume average is 18m. Today we reached 18m in first 2 hours.

Yesterday we had as indicated on the following chart a big spike based on average volume. I assumed the sp would fall back today. This hasn't yet happened

image.jpg

Either people are taking their positions before the release of the gold sale news or some know information.

We have the following information that could be on an RNS anytime soon.

• Priductiin and sales of gold from the Pickstone Peerless mine.
    • Production from Manalia.
    • Licence at Baita Plai.

All information is imminent and all will have an impact on the sp.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    Inspiration, BigP and Jayfella72 like this.
  12. Jayfella72

Jayfella72 Member

Excellent summary Greets.

Inspiration likes this.
  13. Greets

We await with interest the gold results from the Pickedtone Peerless mine.

We also have the Baiti Pali mine getting close to delivering significant revenue. This mind map helps me understand what's happened / happening.

image.jpg

VAST could in the next couple of years have a much larger market cap.

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    BigP: 5 Points (Great way to visualise what is going on.Thanks Greets) Sep 19, 2015
    Jayfella72 and BigP like this.
  14. Greets

Zak Mir today said he has a target of 2.7p for VAST (sp currently 1.95p). This is based on his chart analysis.

Following is a tweet regarding his prediction,

https://twitter.com/larrywildman2/status/645595901969494016

Zak has a lot of followers so sp will probably continue to climb next week.

What interests me is his predictions take no account of future news, we know is around the corner. It is only predicting the future based on what has happened in the past.

I will be disappointed with 2.7p

Inspiration, Jayfella72 and BigP like this.
  15. Inspiration

Inspiration Moderator Moderator

I agree, VAST, 88E and CEB seem to be the hot topics at the moment.

Many thanks Greets for providing some decent analysis that's worth reading, unlike the endless drivel on other well-known sites!

Greets likes this.
  16. BigP

BigP Keeping the Faith

Nice bonus RNS this morning - not what I was expecting ( also noticed that Daniel Stewart is broker

Regulatory Story
    Company Vast Resources plc
    TIDM VAST
    Headline Maiden sale of copper concentrate at Manaila Polymetallic Mine
    Released 07:00 22-Sep-2015
    Number HUG1953593

Vast Resources plc / Ticker: VAST / Index: AIM / Sector: Mining

22 September 2015
    Vast Resources plc
    ("Vast" or "the Company")

Maiden sale of copper concentrate at Manaila Polymetallic Mine

Vast Resources plc, the AIM-listed resource, development and production company, is pleased to announce that it has concluded a maiden sale of approximately 450 tonnes of concentrate at its 50.1 per cent. owned Manaila Polymetallic Mine in Romania ("Manaila").

Of the concentrate sold, 40 tonnes constituted stock on hand produced prior to the acquisition by Vast, with the balance derived from 11,960 tonnes of ore mined in the Company's first month of operations from 14 August 2015 to 14 September 2015. The grade of the copper concentrate was 21.2% and the head grade was 1.19%.

The period was one where the pit had to be rehabilitated and made safe, the plant was in the process of recommissioning, and all procedures whether for mining or processing were required to be initiated, developed, and tested. As a result of these factors the concentrate sold is not expected to be representative of the standard obtained on a regular basis once all systems are fully in place. In particular the installation of the flotation line for lead and zinc has yet to be completed and consequently no credit has been obtained for these minerals. It is expected that completion of the lead and zinc flotation line and the establishment of a standard quality of concentrate will be achieved within four to eight weeks.

The Company notes that the production targets announced on 7 July 2015 of 10,000 tonnes mined per month and an increase to above 19% copper in the concentrate have both been achieved. Furthermore the head grade of 1.19% Cu for the initial production corresponds well with the reported in-situ grade of 1.25% Cu for the Manaila open pit.

Andrew Prelea, President of Vast Romania, said:
    "The achievements since acquisition of the Manaila Polymetallic Mine are remarkable and exemplify what can be achieved in a short time in Romania. The opportunities in country will continue to grow as the Vast team develops, whilst achieving targets."

Roy Pitchford, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
    "Notwithstanding that the maiden concentrate sale is not representative of steady state concentrate that will be produced, the first production income earned by the Company post its evolution from an exploration to a mine production company is a very satisfying milestone achievement. A special thank you is extended to the Romanian team for their hard work and commitment to securing the first concentrate sale. We look forward to working together to improve and increase the quality and quantity of concentrate, and to developing our mining operations in Romania."

** ENDS **

Greets, Inspiration and Jayfella72 like this.
  17. Greets

Not one of the RNS's we are expecting. The RNS's are going to be like buses now. We will get three in quick succession.

I have a feeling the increase in he sp is, in the very near future going to surpass recent WRES returns.

Expecting:
    • First gold sale figures from Pickerstone mine.
    • Licence news for Baiti Plai.
    Pity today's RNS didn't give any indication of the sales value. Know they couldn't for commercial reasons quote figures but they could have given an indication if for example sale value exceeded expectations.

The fact they haven't said anything might imply sale price below expectations.

They have mined 12000 tonnes in the first month. We don't know if this was their target. So again we are a bit in the dark.

RNS isn't telling us a lot other than first sale has taken place.

Jayfella72 and BigP like this.
  18. Greets

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Jayfella72, Inspiration and BigP like this.
  19. Greets

Sp has gone down after 2 RNS's. I thought after today's RNS the sp would be flat rather than go down.

Nothing has changed with the release of the two RNS's. One stated we had made our first gold sale and the other that we had made first sale of concentrate.

In other words nothing has changed other than to say things are moving forward to full production in two mines.

I don't believe for one minute VAST have got two mines too the production stage if they don't add value.

Once we get the monthly output figures the sp will move North.

Jayfella72, BigP and Inspiration like this.
  20. Inspiration

Inspiration Moderator Moderator

I wonder if it has anything to do with the way the markets behaved yesterday. Just MM games.