Code of Conduct
Our membership base consists primarily of 'long' shareholders who have a common interest in wishing for the value of their equity investments to rise. We want all visitors to our site to have a safe, interesting and friendly experience. Accordingly, all users of our sites and any contributions they make to the sites must comply with this Code of Conduct. Your use of this site means that you accept and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct, which supplements and forms part of the site Terms.
We may need to revise the Code of Conduct from time to time by amending this page. Please review this page regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes we make. If you reasonably believe that any contribution to our site made by another user contravenes this Code of Conduct and/or any of the site Terms.
1. Absolutely no financial advice should be given by any of its members and will not be tolerated.
2. No post on BlueShare may be re-posted on another bulletin board without the prior written (in electronic form) agreement of the originator. Failure to comply with this rule is a serious matter that may lead to the exclusion of the perpetrator. This rule exists in order that BlueShare members know they can discuss freely within the privacy of this forum.
3. Members must not post derogatory or critical comments about BlueShare on other bulletin boards (as that inter alia erodes trust). Criticisms/complaints about BlueShare should be made in the first instance to the site moderators, if unresolved they can be raised on the site. The intention is neither to stifle criticism nor healthy debate but ensure that critical comments are handled constructively and creatively in pursuit of constant improvement for the benefit of all members.
4. Multiple user accounts will not be tolerated and will result in that IP address being banned.
5. YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS:
- • Be aware of your tone and focus. We love positive and productive discussions, so please keep comments on the topics at hand and not on other members.
- • Promote a respectful and friendly atmosphere.
- • Consider your audience at all times and do not post mischievous or vexatious comments.
- • Must not contain unlawful or objectionable content nor involve disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Material that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially, sexually or religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable or unlawful is not acceptable.
- • Must be true and accurate. Your contributions must be true, accurate (where they state facts) and be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- • Every person has the right to ask and answer any questions, as well as participate in discussions and suggest new features.
- • Try to stay on topic within a particular thread to avoid dilution of detail.
- • Avoid asking off-topic questions in existing threads.
- • Think before you post.
- • Forum topics will only be deleted at the discretion of Staff.
- • Do not spam the forums, do not post links to sites that violate the Terms & Conditions. Any posts like these will be deleted.
- • Must not contain unsuitable or irrelevant site addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content may be deleted.
- • Must not promote illegal or anti-social behaviour. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- • Must not misrepresent their origins. Contributions and/or user names may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to give the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case.
- • Must not be in any language other than English (or the predominant language of the site if not English). Contributions in other languages may be removed.
- • Must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum.
- • issuing a warning to you;
- • immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of any contribution or of your right to use our site, including deletion of any personal profile;
- • disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or other relevant third parties as we reasonably feel is necessary.
All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
In relation to any forum, please note that when the first post in a thread is deleted, all of its subsequent replies may also be automatically deleted. This means that some of your posts may be deleted because they were placed in response to a post that contravened the Code of Conduct. Keeping your post within these rules will not only ensure that your posts are not removed from the forums, but also that the posts of others will remain.
BREACH OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
Violating these standards may result in your ability to post in the forums being temporarily or permanently suspended. It will be our sole decision as to whether there has been a breach of this Code of Conduct. We have the right (but not the obligation) to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any contribution in whole or in part that we deem to be in breach of the Code of Conduct. Where we believe there is a breach of the Code of Conduct, we may take whatever action we feel is appropriate in the circumstances.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct constitutes a material breach of the site Terms, which could result in us taking any of the following actions:
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Code of Conduct. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.